Wednesday 27 May 2015

Dear Future Self

Dear Future Self,

Hi, it is currently 10:56am on Sunday, May 24th 2015 and you are currently getting excited about the fact Slam Dunk is tomorrow but in the back of your mind is all of that maths revision you haven't done... Anyways, I wanted to say a few things to you and I hope you're sitting there with your future husband reading this, smiling because you've done all of these things.

1) I hope you're smiling more. Your friends used to tell you that you should smile more but I hardly do because I'm so self conscious of it so I hope that it's something you've broken out of so you smile more because happiness is the key to everything.

2) Have you stopped stressing so much yet? As this is a target I'm always going to set for myself, every single year, I want to know if I've done that yet. Currently, I stress over every single little thing, exams, what clothes I'm wearing, if I look fat and even if I have a new spot that people are going to point out when I walk past them and I hope you've got over that stress and anxiety and are in fact, happy with yourself and your own body because in the big picture, spots probably aren't really that important. 

3) Please keep your dedication. Did you know that in 2015, you planned on seeing The Vamps eight times? Though, you'll only see them five times now but that isn't the point! Okay, I want to keep my dedication to everything that I do. Whether it be bands or my school work because I work my butt off at school and I hope I'm still doing that in my work or whatever I'm doing.

4) Please, please, please don't have given up on your dreams! I can see sitting on my desk across the room is my camera that I got for my birthday and I haven't even used it that much but I'm going to keep going so please tell me I didn't give up that I did keep going and I'm now achieving my dreams.

5) Last, are you happy? Are you sitting down reading this, settled down with my future husband or wife which ever and can you say you're actually happy? Because the teenage years did not treat you well at all so far, self harm, anxiety, depression, being bullied. Is that all over now? I hope I was strong enough to get over all of those bridges. I hope you are smiling, not because you have too but because you want too. I hope there is that warm feeling in your heart for the person you've settled down. Are you happy in yourself and your own body? I hope you are, I hope my future partner has taught me how to love myself with the help of you along the way obviously. 

Well, I hope you're having a good life!!

From current self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment